Debbie Does Diet

Monday, January 3, 2011

Houston we have launch!

Debbie Does Diet has officially begun! Even though technically I'm not calling it a diet (the name just sounded perfect for a blog)...just getting healthy. :-)

I haven't blogged at all during the last couple of weeks and for that I apologize. I have been out of sorts a little bit. Christmas was wonderful and New Years was even great, but I have let old wounds open and fester. The emotional/sensitive side of me took over...anything edible that I could find went in to my mouth and down the hatch. That could be a whole other blog. :-). That will probably be my main struggle during this process, but I'm determined to be successful. I'm a fighter.

I am an emotional eater so everything I could find went into my mouth. I actually gained 3.3 pounds during the holidays. Even though today is my birthday and I would love to have cake and ice cream, I'm not going to do it. Today my co-workers took me to lunch for my birthday and I had a very nutritious and yummy Chopped Salad from CPK. I have cut out soda completely (cold turkey mind you). I'm back to drinking water mostly and an occasional glass of milk or crystal light. Another secret to success is going to be portion control and food combinations. I have tried every fad diet known to man and nothing works as well as the good old fashioned healthy balanced diet and exercise.

I'm excited to see what tomorrow brings. Also, if anyone has recipes or tips that they would like to share, please do so. I'm looking for new things to try.

Until tomorrow...

Love,
Debbie

1 comment:

  1. I cut out soda too a few months back and I don't miss it! I drink a lot of unsweetened tea, or I add a little Stevia if I need something sweet. Keep going!

    ReplyDelete